2018 MANDELA WASHINGTON FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION IS COMING SOON!
WHAT IS MANDELA WASHINGTON FELLOWSHIP?
The Mandela Washington Fellowship the flagship program of the African Youth Leaders Initiative (YALI). This program will bring young African leaders to the United States in 2018 for academic and leadership training and will create unique opportunities in Africa to put those new skills to practical use in propelling economic growth and prosperity and strengthening democratic institutions.
The Mandela Washington Fellowship offers an unparalleled opportunity to participate in a six-week academic and leadership institute at a U.S. college or university to share your experiences with and to learn from Americans and other Fellows.
- Explore industries beyond your daily work and expand your expertise.
- Attend a summit with Young African Leaders in Washington, D.C.
- Meet with government, civil and business leaders.
- Access exceptional internship and mentorship opportunities during the year following the U.S. portion of the exchange.
- Strengthen your through new connections, skills and ideas.
- Join a continent-wide and global alumni network to help you seek innovative solutions to common challenges.
WHO CAN APPLY?
You are eligible to apply for the 2018 Mandela Washington Fellowship if you meet the following conditions:
- You are between 25 and 35 when you apply, although exceptional applicants under 25 will be considered;
- You are eligible to receive a United States J-1 visa;
- You are proficient in writing, reading and speaking English and have a solid academic background;
- You are a citizen of one of the 49 countries of Sub-Saharan Africa;
- You are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States;
- You are not an employee or immediate family member of an employee of the U.S. government (including the U.S. embassy, USAID, and other U.S. government entities).
HOW AND WHEN TO APPLY?
Please submit your application online at https://yali.state.gov between September 13 and October 11, 2017.
For more information about the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.