Location: N’Djamena, Chad
Event: We are informed that there might be demonstrations, which have not yet been authorized by the Chadian government, in N’Djamena on Saturday, January 22, 2022. The times are not certain, but these demonstrations usually begin in the morning hours.
You should consider avoiding the following areas in N’Djamena:
From the vehicle bridge near the Sheraton Hotel to African Space
From the Embassy of Mali to the Embassy of France
Stadium Idris Ouya
Normal traffic may be disrupted during such demonstrations and the police have used gas and force to disrupt prior demonstrations.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid areas where demonstrations are taking place.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings and demonstrations.
- Seek shelter when gunfire is taking place.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Chagoua Round Point.
- Telephone +235 22-51-50-17.
- After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 66-62-21-00 or +235 22-51-50-17.
- State Department – Consular Affairs - 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Chad Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and email us to register your cellphone number with to receive SMS messages via Clickatell (in the event that the internet is not functioning).
- Follow us on Facebook.
To unsubscribe from this list: https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Subscribe.aspx. Please note that the embassy cannot unsubscribe your address on your behalf.