U.S. Embassy, N’Djamena
April 7, 2020
A flight to Dulles Airport, Washington, DC has been scheduled for Thursday, April 9. The time is still being confirmed, but will most likely depart around 13:00.
This is still a very fluid situation, and changes or flight cancellation are still possible.
You will be responsible for onward travel from Dulles Airport. The U.S. Government cannot assist with onward travel.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY
- You will have to be at the N’Djamena Airport 3 hours prior to departure. Updates will be provided.
- Expect long lines and long waits.
- There are no concessions open at the airport. Please bring enough food and water for everyone in your family while you are waiting. Also bring sunblock in case you are outdoors for an extended period of time.
- You are responsible for your onward travel from Dulles Airport. It is suggested that you make a reservation at an airport hotel for the night of the arrival. Updates on arrival time will be provided.
- You are limited to 40 kg luggage per passenger.
- Families will be allowed priority check in.
Anyone interested in departing Chad who has not already registered, will be placed on a waiting list.
At this time, we are told the cost of the flight will be around $2,000 per adult passenger. Payment will be made in the form of a signed promissory note, in which the traveler agrees to reimburse the U.S. Government for the cost of the travel. The cost of the flight is subject to change. No advance payment can be accepted.
Except for travelers who are identified as high risk, the list will be on a first come, first served basis and listed according to the priority order written below.
If you are interested in taking this flight, and have not already contacted us, please
send your response to ChadEvac@state.gov. Emails sent to other accounts will not be read.
If you do not have a valid U.S. passport, please contact us immediately.
Passengers will be listed in priority order per State Dept. guidelines as follows:
- U.S. citizens at higher risk from the virus – adults 65 and older, and people of any age with underlying health issues.
- U.S. citizen minors and 1 escort
- Adult U.S. citizens in need of medical assistance who do not fall into a higher priority group.
- Other U.S. citizens
- Non-U.S. citizen dependents of U.S. citizens
- Eligible non-U.S. citizens, with priority given to those with underlying health issues or 65 years or older.
Actions to Take:
- Visit www.travel.state.gov and register in STEP.
- Consult the CDC websitefor the most up-to-date information.
- To reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the latest CDC recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Chad.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website for travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy N’Djamena, Chad
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Chad Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter