Location: N’Djamena and throughout Chad
Event: The MPS (Mouvement Patriotique du Salut) is planning a large rally on April 9, 2021, beginning at 0900 hours and continuing throughout the day, at the National Stadium in N’Djamena. Normal traffic flow will be disrupted before, during, and after the rally.
Political demonstrations may occur in the days before and weeks after the April 11 presidential election. Government security forces may deploy tear gas. Celebratory gunfire may occur. The U.S Embassy advises U.S. citizens in Chad to exercise caution around demonstrations and large gatherings and to avoid areas where gunfire is taking place.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid areas where there are large gatherings of people.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings and demonstrations
- Seek shelter when gunfire is taking place.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Chagoua Round Point.
- Telephone +235 22-51-50-17.
- After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 66-62-21-00 or +235 22-51-50-17.
- State Department – Consular Affairs - 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and email us to register your cellphone number with Clickatell.
Follow us on Facebook.
To unsubscribe from this list: https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Subscribe.aspx. Please note that the embassy cannot unsubscribe your address on your behalf.