U.S. Embassy N’Djamena, Chad
April 7, 2020
The flight to Dulles International Airport, Washington, DC received flight clearance from the Chad government. The flight is departing on Thursday, April 9. The time is still being confirmed, but will most likely depart around 13:45 and expected to arrive at Dulles International Airport around 01:15 on April 10.
The information provided in this message is subject to change.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY
- You will be responsible for onward travel from Dulles Airport. The U.S. Government cannot assist with onward travel. It is suggested that you make a reservation at an airport hotel for the night of the arrival. Updates on arrival time will be provided.
- You will have to be at the N’Djamena Airport 3 hours prior to departure. Updates will be provided.
- Expect long lines and long waits.
- There are no concessions open at the airport. Please bring enough food and water for everyone in your family while you are waiting to board the flight. Also bring sunblock in case you are outdoors for an extended period of time. You may also want to carry extra toilet paper to use in the airport bathrooms.
- We will check with airport authorities tomorrow about bringing water through security.
- You are limited to 40 kg luggage per passenger. Plan as if you were taking a regular commercial flight.
- Families will be allowed priority check in.
The flight is full and now closed. No more requests for assistance can be accommodated.
UPDATED COST FOR FLIGHT (subject to change):
Adult fare – $1,912.67
Child fare (ages 2-12) – $1,5321.67
Infant fare (sitting in lap) – $191.27
Payment will be made in the form of a signed promissory note, in which the traveler agrees to reimburse the U.S. Government for the cost of the travel.
Actions to Take:
- Visit www.travel.state.gov and register in STEP.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- To reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the latest CDC recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Chad.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website for travel restrictions to the U.S.
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.