U.S. Embassy, N’Djamena, Chad
April 2, 2020
The U.S. Embassy has been informed of a possible charter flight that would depart on April 8, 2020. The flight would make stops in other neighboring countries before traveling to Washington, DC.
At this time, we are told the cost of the flight will be between $2,300-$2,800 per passenger. Payment will be made in the form of a signed promissory note, in which the traveler agrees to reimburse the U.S. Government for the cost of the travel. The cost of the flight is subject to change. No advance payment can be accepted.
With the exception of travelers who are identified as high risk, the list will be on a first come, first served basis and listed according to the priority order written below.
This is still a very fluid situation, and changes or flight cancellation are still possible.
However, if you can make a commitment to be on this flight, we need a response from you by 08:00 tomorrow morning. We realize this is very little time, but the situation dictates this short timeline.
Please send your response to ChadEvac@state.gov. Emails sent to other accounts will not be read.
If you do not have a valid U.S. passport, please contact us immediately.
Passengers will be listed in priority order per State Dept. guidelines as follows:
- U.S. citizens at higher risk from the virus – adults 65 and older, and people of any age with underlying health issues.
- U.S. citizen minors and 1 escort
- Adult U.S. citizens in need of medical assistance who do not fall into a higher priority group.
- Other U.S. citizens
- Non-U.S. citizen dependents of U.S. citizens
- Eligible non-U.S. citizens, with priority given to those with underlying health issues or 65 years or older.
Actions to Take:
- Visit www.travel.state.gov and register in STEP.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- To reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the latest CDC recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Chad.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website for travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy N’Djamena, Chad
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Chad Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter