Events: The U.S. Embassy continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation in Chad. As of today, there are 3 confirmed cases.
The Embassy continues to explore flight options that could take U. S. citizens out of Chad. However there are no new details. U.S. citizens who are interested in departing Chad are asked to send an email to ChadEvac@state.gov. Please include names, dates of birth, gender, passport numbers, passport expiration dates, and final destination in the U.S. Those who responded to the previous email address do not need to resubmit their information.
Please be aware that you will have to pay for this flight.
We cannot provide a timeline.
FOR ADVANCE PLANNING PURPOSES ONLY:
- You should be prepared to leave with little advance notice
- Pack a “go” bag now with essential documents and other items
- Keep in mind that you may be limited in how much luggage you can bring
- There is no guarantee that pets will be accommodated. Please make alternate arrangements for the care of your pet.
- Updates will be provided as they become available. Individual emails may experience a delay in responses due to high volume and decreased staffing at the Embassy.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC websitefor the most up-to-date information.
- To reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the latestCDC recommendations.
- Visit theCOVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov.
- Visit ourEmbassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Chad.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website for travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy N’Djamena, Chad
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Chad Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter