Change in Official USD-FCFA Consular Exchange Rate (July 21, 2022)
The U.S. Embassy N’Djamena informs U.S. citizens and all consular section clients that effective July 25, 2022, the consular exchange rate increased from 650FCFA to 700 FCFA (1USD = 700FCFA). All consular service fees, including applications for visas, Consular Reports of Birth Abroad, passports, and notarial services will use the new exchange rate.
Recalculated fees for some routine services:
- Renewal of a U.S. passport for a child under 16 years of age – 94,500FCFA
- Renewal of an adult’s U.S. passport – 105,000FCFA
- Consular Reports of Birth Abroad – 70,000FCFA
- Notarial – 35,000FCFA
- B1B2 Tourist Visa – 112,000FCFA
- S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Chagoua Round Point.
- Telephone +235 22-51-50-17.
- After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 66-62-21-00 or +235 22-51-50-17.
- State Department – Consular Affairs - 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Chad Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates and email us to register your cellphone number with Clickatell.
- Follow us on Facebook.
To unsubscribe from this list: https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Subscribe.aspx. Please note that the embassy cannot unsubscribe your address on your behalf.