DEMONSTRATION ALERT: Demonstration Alert – Sunday, May 14
Location: N’Djamena, Chad
Event: Local media reports indicate a possible demonstration is scheduled for Sunday, May 14th starting at 0600. The demonstrations will begin at the Dembe circle and will end at the Chadian Government Labor Office. The demonstration is pending Government authorization.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid areas where demonstrations are taking place.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings and demonstrations.
- Seek shelter if gunfire occurs.
- Always carry proof or a copy of your legal presence in Chad, such as a U.S. passport with visa, or a residency card, and any required Chadian government travel permissions.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- Review your passport expiration date and consider making an appointment to review your passport if necessary.
- Have a personal emergency action plan.
- See our Alerts at Travel.State.Gov (Chad)and enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive routine and security updates and email us to register your cellphone number with Clickatell.
- U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Chagoua Round Point.
- Telephone +235 6885 1065
- After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 66-62-21-00 or +235 6885 1065
- State Department – Consular Affairs - 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and email us to register your cellphone number with Clickatell.
Follow us on Facebook.
To unsubscribe from this list: https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Subscribe.aspx. Please note that the embassy cannot unsubscribe your address on your behalf.