Location: N’Djamena, Chad
Event: A political opposition party has called for a peaceful anti-government demonstration on Tuesday, March 21, 2023, beginning at an undetermined time. The planned route for the demonstration is from the Birtourne roundabout, continuing along 40-Meter Road and ending at the SONASUT round-about (near the Toumai Palace Hotel). The route could change without warning.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid areas where demonstrations are taking place.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings and demonstrations.
- Seek shelter if gunfire occurs.
- Always carry proof or a copy of your legal presence in Chad, such as a U.S. passport with visa, or a residency card, and any required Chadian government travel permissions.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- Review your passport expiration date and consider making an appointment to review your passport if necessary.
- Have a personal emergency action plan.
- See our Alerts at Travel.State.Gov (Chad)and enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive routine and security updates and email us to register your cellphone number with Clickatell.
- U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Chagoua Round Point.
- Telephone +235 22-51-50-17.
- After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 66-62-21-00 or +235 22-51-50-17.
- State Department – Consular Affairs - 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and email us to register your cellphone number with Clickatell.
Follow us on Facebook.
To unsubscribe from this list: https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Subscribe.aspx. Please note that the embassy cannot unsubscribe your address on your behalf.