Location: Various locations in N’Djamena, Chad:
Event: Planned civil demonstrations have been announced for February 4-7, 2021. Groups may protest the Chadian government and/or the election process.
During the time leading up to Chadian elections in April 2021, other civil demonstrations can be expected.
Recent protests have encountered a strong police/security force presence and the use of tear gas.
U.S. government personnel are advised to avoid areas of large crowds or where demonstrations are forming or taking place.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Chagoua Round Point.
- Telephone +235 22-51-50-17.
- After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 66-62-21-00 or +235 22-51-50-17.
- State Department – Consular Affairs - 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and email us to register your cellphone number with Clickatell.
Follow us on Facebook.
To unsubscribe from this list: https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Subscribe.aspx. Please note that the embassy cannot unsubscribe your address on your behalf.