Demonstrations Alert: March in N'Djamena, Chad (May 14, 2021)
Event: The Chadian Ministry of Public Security and Immigration approved a march to take place in N’Djamena on Saturday, May 15. The march, organized by ATDDHD (Association Tchadienne pour la Défense des Droits de l’Homme et le Développement), is expected to begin at Palais de justice at 0600 andend at the Palais du 15 Janvier.
Normal traffic may be disrupted during the march.
Demonstrations, marches, and protests may continue in the coming weeks.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid areas where demonstrations are taking place.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings and demonstrations
- Seek shelter when gunfire is taking place.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Chagoua Round Point.
- Telephone +235 22-51-50-17.
- After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 66-62-21-00 or +235 22-51-50-17.
- State Department – Consular Affairs - 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Chad Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates and email us to register your cellphone number with Clickatell.
- Follow us on Facebook.
To unsubscribe from this list: https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Subscribe.aspx. Please note that the embassy cannot unsubscribe your address on your behalf.