U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena informs U.S. citizens that due to a security incident outside the embassy we are on limited staffing Wednesday, November 30, 2016. As previously mentioned the embassy will be closed on December 1, 2016, in observance of Freedom and Democracy Day. The Consular Section remains available for emergency services for U.S. citizens. U.S. citizens in need of emergency services can call our 24/7 Duty Officer number, country code (235) 63 51 78 00.
For further information:
- See the State Department’stravel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Chad.
- Enroll in theSmart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Avenue Felix Eboue, N’Djamena, Chad, at :+ (235) 63 51 78 00 or e-mail atNdjamenaACS@state.gov. The Embassy is open Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. and Friday 7:30 – 12:30 a.m. For after-hours emergencies, U.S. citizens should call +(235) 63 51 78 00 and ask to speak with the Embassy duty officer.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.