Health Alert – U.S. Embassy N’Djamena, March 13, 2020
Event: There is an ongoing outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) first identified in Wuhan, China. The global public health threat posed by COVID-19 is high, with more than 110,000 reported cases worldwide.
There have been no reported cases of COVID-19 in Chad to date.
The government of Chad has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19, including but not limited to imposing a 14-day period of isolation for anyone traveling to Chad via France. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 3 Health Advisory.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Chad.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy N’Djamena, Chad
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444