Health Alert – U.S. Embassy N’Djamena, Chad (December 2, 2021)
Location: N’Djamena, Chad
Event: On November 26, the White House announced a travel restriction for certain travelers physically present within the Republic of Botswana, the Kingdom of Eswatini, the Kingdom of Lesotho, the Republic of Malawi, the Republic of Mozambique, the Republic of Namibia, the Republic of South Africa, and the Republic of Zimbabwe due to the detection of a variant of the SARS-COV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. The policy does not apply to U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents and certain other categories of travelers. See the text of the announcement here. The new restrictions and requirements took effect on November 29.
As always, U.S. citizens are reminded that transportation schedules can change without notice. Please check with airlines/carriers regarding flight cancellations and/or restrictions and keep apprised of the testing and vaccine requirements for any country you are transiting. The U.S. Embassy urges U.S. citizens to have a departure plan that does not depend on U.S. government assistance. U.S. citizens are also encouraged to read our webpage on What the Department of State Can and Can’t do in a Crisis.
Please see contact information for airlines operating from N’Djamena below.
Air France 24 hour call center – +0033 172951201
Ethiopian Airlines – +235 66 20 72 71
Turkish Airlines – +235 68 75 68 72 (also WhatsApp)
Egyptair – +235 66 62 99 10 (also WhatsApp)
ASKY Airlines – +235 66 26 48 08 (also WhatsApp) or +235 62 51 88 33
Actions to Take:
- Review the CDC’s travel health notice for Chad.
- Review the State.Gov Travel Alert for Chad.
- Check with airlines and transit and destination countries for how COVID testing and vaccine requirements might impact travel.
- S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Chagoua Round Point.
- Telephone +235 22-51-50-17.
- After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 66-62-21-00 or +235 22-51-50-17.
- State Department – Consular Affairs - 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Chad Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates and email us to register your cellphone number with to receive SMS messages via Clickatell (in the event that the internet is not functioning).
- Follow us on Facebook.
To unsubscribe from this list: https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Subscribe.aspx. Please note that the embassy cannot unsubscribe your address on your behalf.