Message for U.S. Citizens: Change in Official USD-FCFA Consular Exchange Rate (April 28, 2022)
Location: U.S. Embassy N’Djamena, Chad
The U.S. Embassy N’Djamena informs U.S. citizens and all consular section clients that effective May 2, 2022, the consular exchange rate increased from 600FCFA to 650FCFA (1USD = 650FCFA). All consular service fees, including applications for visas, Consular Reports of Birth Abroad, passports, and notarial services will use the new exchange rate.
Recalculated fees for some routine services:
- Renewal of a U.S. passport for a child under 16 years of age – 88,000FCFA
- Renewal of an adult’s U.S. passport – 85,00FCFA
- B1B2 Tourist Visa – 104,000FCFA
- U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Chagoua Round Point.
- Telephone +235 22-51-50-17.
- After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 66-62-21-00 or +235 22-51-50-17.
- State Department – Consular Affairs - 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Chad Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates and email us to register your cellphone number with Clickatell.
- Follow us on Facebook.
To unsubscribe from this list: https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Subscribe.aspx. Please note that the embassy cannot unsubscribe your address on your behalf.