Message for U.S. Citizens: End of Travel on Expired Passports (June 29, 2022)
End of Travel on Expired Passports
The U.S. Embassy N’Djamena informs U.S. citizens that after June 30, 2022, U.S. citizens will no longer be allowed to use an expired U.S. passport to return to the United States.
If you are overseas, after June 30, 2022, you will not be able to use your expired U.S. passport to return to the United States.
To renew your passport, please schedule an appointment with us: Passport Services – U.S. Embassy in Chad (usembassy.gov)
- U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Chagoua Round Point.
- Telephone +235 22-51-50-17.
- After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 66-62-21-00 or +235 22-51-50-17.
- State Department – Consular Affairs - 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Chad Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and email us to register your cellphone number with us to receive SMS messages via Clickatell (in the event that the internet is not functioning).
- Follow us on Facebook .
To unsubscribe from this list: https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Subscribe.aspx .
Please note that the Embassy cannot unsubscribe your address on your behalf.