Message for U.S. Citizens: Independence Day Parade on Wednesday, August 11 in N'Djamena, Chad (August 9, 2021)
Location: N’Djamena, Chad
On the morning of Wednesday, August 11a military parade is expected at Place de La Nation in celebration of Chadian Independence Day. Also, Chadian military aircraft will participate in an “air parade” during the event. There will be road closures (marked in red on the map below) and increased presence of Chadian security forces from early morning until the afternoon. Expect large gatherings of people at or around Place de la Nation.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Chagoua Round Point.
- Telephone +235 22-51-50-17.
- After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 66-62-21-00 or +235 22-51-50-17.
- State Department – Consular Affairs - 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Chad Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates and email us to register your cellphone number with to receive SMS messages via Clickatell (in the event that the internet is not functioning).
- Follow us on Facebook.
To unsubscribe from this list: https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Subscribe.aspx. Please note that the embassy cannot unsubscribe your address on your behalf.