Message for U.S. Citizens: Passport Fees Increase (December 22, 2021)
Event: On Dec 27, 2021, the cost for a passport book will increase by $20. The increased fee is necessary to ensure we continue to produce one of the most secure travel and identity documents in the world. For current passport fees, see: http://travel.state.gov/passportfees.
The cost of an adult passport book will increase from $110 to $130 and that of a minor under age 16 will increase from $80 to $100.
Applying for a passport? Find the steps to apply and current passport fees, here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/how-apply.html.
Actions to Take:
- Keep yourself informed about the new fees.
- U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Chagoua Round Point.
- Telephone +235 22-51-50-17.
- After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 66-62-21-00 or +235 22-51-50-17.
- State Department – Consular Affairs - 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Chad Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates and email us to register your cellphone number with to receive SMS messages via Clickatell (in the event that the internet is not functioning).
- Follow us on Facebook.
To unsubscribe from this list: https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Subscribe.aspx. Please note that the embassy cannot unsubscribe your address on your behalf.