Revised COVID–19 Restrictions For N’Djamena
The Government of Chad issued new restrictions for the City of N’Djamena. Effective January 1, 2021, at 0000 hours and for a period of one week thereafter, the following restrictions will be in effect:
- The land borders of N’Djamena are closed.
- A curfew is imposed in N’Djamena from 1800-0500 hours.
- Schools and universities are closed.
- Churches and mosques are closed.
- Public or private meetings of people in groups larger than 10 are prohibited.
- Bars, restaurants, stores, and large markets are closed.
- Urban and interurban transports are prohibited.
- Non-essential public and private services are prohibited.
- Congregations for baptisms, weddings, deaths, and burials are prohibited.
Beginning January 4, 2021, at 0000 hours, the air borders are closed to travelers.
The following services are authorized to remain open: health centers; private clinics; hospitals; bakeries; pharmacies; stalls, shops, and transport of food products; firefighters; water and electric services; hotels; and cargo flights.
The territorial limits for these restrictions are described as follows:
- To the east until N’Djamena-Koura
- To the west until Mara
- To the south until Koundoul
- To the north until Djermaya
These restrictions are subject to renewal and expected to be enforced with vigor.
- View the U.S. Embassy website Alerts and Messages page for updated information.
- The Chadian Ministry of Public Health has a hotline “green” number 1313 for inquiries about the COVID-19 virus. The call is free and available 24/7.
- U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Chagoua Round Point.
- Telephone +235 22-51-50-17.
- After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 66-62-21-00 or +235 22-51-50-17.
- State Department – Consular Affairs – 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
Follow us on Facebook
To unsubscribe from this list: https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Subscribe.aspx. Please note that the embassy or consulate cannot unsubscribe your address on your behalf