Message for U.S. Citizens: Routine Notice – One-year anniversary of violent demonstrations in N’Djamena, Chad
Location: N’Djamena, Chad
Event: Tomorrow, Friday, October 20th, signifies the one-year anniversary of the violent demonstrations that occurred in N’Djamena. There is no indication that demonstrations are planned or will occur, however, it is expected that there will be a heightened presence of host nation security personnel present throughout N’Djamena. Due to the significance of the anniversary, the U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, Chad advises U.S. citizens to remain vigilant and maintain good personal security practices.
Embassy will continue to evaluate the security situation and provide updates as appropriate.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid areas where demonstrations are taking place.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings and demonstrations
- Seek shelter when gunfire is taking place.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Chagoua Round Point.
- Telephone: 235 6885 1065
- After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 63 51 78 00.
- State Department – Consular Affairs - 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and email us to register your cellphone number with Clickatell.