The U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena informs U.S. citizens that the Embassy and Consular Section will be closed for routine services on May 29, 2017 in observance of the American holiday, Memorial Day.
For emergency services, U.S. Citizens should call our 24/7 phone line +235 63 51 78 00.
The U.S. Embassy advises U.S. citizens to review and follow the guidance in the Travel Warning for Chad, and remain alert for potentially dangerous situations. U.S. citizens are reminded to exercise caution throughout Chad, and maintain vigilance in daily affairs, even when visiting familiar locations.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for Worldwide Cautions, Travel Warnings, and Country Specific Information for Chad.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Avenue Felix Eboué, mailing address B.P. 413, N’Djamena, Chad , at +235 22-51-70-09. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 63 51 78 00 or +235 22 51 70 09.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Note: The timestamp on this e-mail message may reflect Washington, D.C., time, which may differ from local time.