The U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena informs U.S. citizens that the Embassy and Consular Section will be closed for the holiday and for routine services:
December 23 – December 25. 2015.
For emergency services, U.S. Citizens should call our 24/7 phone line +235 66 62 21 00 or +235 22 51 70 09.
The U.S. Embassy advises U.S. citizens to review and follow the guidance in the Travel Warning for Chad, and remain alert for potentially dangerous situations. U.S. citizens are reminded to exercise caution throughout Chad, and maintain vigilance in daily affairs, even when visiting familiar locations. U.S. Embassy personnel maintain an 11:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m. curfew until further notice.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Chad.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Avenue Felix Eboue, mailing address B.P. 413, N’Djamena, Chad , at +235 22-51-70-09. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 66-62-21-00 or +235 2251-70-09
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.