The U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena informs U.S. citizens that the Embassy and the Consular Section are moving! Starting June 5, 2017 – June 12, 2017 the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, Chad will be open for U.S. citizen emergencies only.
The Consular Section will move to our New Embassy Compound from June 8- 9, 2017.
As of June 12, 2017, all services including visa operations and American Citizen Services will be conducted in our New Embassy Compound at Chagoua Rond-Point. Stay informed of our limited appointment schedule by visiting our website at https://td.usembassy.gov/.
As of June 12, the Consular Section can be reached at the new Embassy via telephone at +235 22 51 50 17.
For emergency services, U.S. Citizens should continue to call our 24/7 phone line at +235 63 51 78 00.
The U.S. Embassy advises U.S. citizens to review and follow the guidance in the Travel Warning for Chad, and remain alert for potentially dangerous situations. Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. You should avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Chad.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Avenue Felix Eboué, mailing address B.P. 413, N’Djamena, Chad , at +235 22-51-70-09. Embassy N’Djamena’s website is https://td.usembassy.gov/.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Note: The timestamp on this e-mail message may reflect Washington, D.C., time, which may differ from local time.