U.S. Embassy N’Djamena, Chad
Message for U.S. Citizens: Passport Execution Fee Increase
March 27, 2018
The U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena informs U.S. citizens that effective April 2, 2018, the passport execution fee will increase from $25 to $35 for U.S. passport applicants using the DS-11 form, including first-time applicants over age 16, children under age 16, and applicants who reapply after reporting their previous passport lost or stolen. Accordingly, the total passport fee for such applicants will increase by $10. For more details, please visit our website at travel.state.gov.
For emergency services, U.S. Citizens in Chad should call our 24/7 phone line +235 66 62 21 00 or +235 22 51 50 17.
The U.S. Embassy advises U.S. citizens to review and follow the guidance in the Chad Travel Advisory, and remain alert for potentially dangerous situations. U.S. citizens are reminded to exercise caution throughout Chad, and maintain vigilance in daily affairs, even when visiting familiar locations.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website, travel.state.gov for the latest guidance worldwide, and the Country Information page for Chad.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Chagoua Rond Point, mailing address B.P. 413, N’Djamena, Chad, at +235 22-51-50-17. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 66-62-21-00 or +235 22-51-50-17.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Note: The timestamp on this e-mail message may reflect Washington, D.C., time, which may differ from local time.