The U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena informs U.S. citizens that Ramadan celebrations will commence June 6 and last until July 6, 2016. U.S. Citizens are reminded to exercise caution, be vigilant, and avoid large crowds whenever possible.
The U.S. Embassy advises U.S. citizens to review and follow the guidance in the Travel Warning for Chad, and remain alert for potentially dangerous situations. Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. You should avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Chad.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Avenue Felix Eboué, mailing address B.P. 413, N’Djamena, Chad , at +235 22-51-70-09. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 66-62-21-00.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.