The U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena reminds U.S. citizens to exercise caution and situational awareness when traveling throughout the weekend, particularly in and around N’Djamena. Following the announcement of the results of the Chadian Presidential Elections late yesterday evening and subsequent reports of celebratory gunfire, please be aware of your surroundings, remember to exercise vigilance, and avoid large crowds when possible.
For emergency services, U.S. Citizens should call our 24/7 phone line +235 66 62 21 00 or +235 22 51 70 09.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Chad.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Avenue Felix Eboué, mailing address B.P. 413, N’Djamena, Chad , at +235 22-51-70-09. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 66-62-21-00 or +235 2251-70-09
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.