The U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena informs U.S. citizens that the Department of State has released an updated Travel Warning for Chad.
Click here to read the full Travel Warning which replaces the Travel Warning issued on April 18, 2016. You can also visit our website for more information.
For emergency services, U.S. Citizens should call our 24/7 phone line +235 66 62 21 00 or +235 22 51 70 09.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Chad.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Avenue Felix Eboué, mailing address B.P. 413, N’Djamena, Chad , at +235 22 51 70 09.
After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 66 62 21 00.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitterand Facebook.
Note: The timestamp on this e-mail message may reflect Washington, D.C., time, which may differ from local time.