The U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena informs U.S. citizens that on June 6, 2017 the Department of State released an updated Travel Warning for Chad.
Click here to read the full Travel Warning which replaces the previous one dated November 4, 2016.
As of June 12, the Consular Section can be reached at the new Embassy via telephone at +235 22 51 50 17.
For emergency services, U.S. Citizens should continue to call our 24/7 phone line at +235 63 51 78 00.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for Worldwide Cautions, Travel Warnings, and Country Specific Information for Chad.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Effective June 12, 2017 theU.S. Embassy in Chad will be located at the Chagoua Round-Point, and can be reached at + (235) 22 51 50 17 from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 63 51 78 00.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Note: The timestamp on this e-mail message may reflect Washington, D.C., time, which may differ from local time.