As prepared for publication
Dear Representatives of Civil Society,
I would like to welcome you to the Embassy of United States of America in N’Djamena on the occasion of the signing ceremony of five (5) funding agreements with civil society organizations as part of the program the Foundation for the Development of Africa (ADF). Thank you for your participation in this ceremony today, and congratulations to associations and groups selected this year.
Every year, the Embassy of the United States of America awards modest grants to civil society organizations to contribute to realizing their project goals. This year, the ADF program awards five (5) selected groups grants totaling $45,000, or about 22 million CFA Francs 500,000.
- The Amarna Group for their spirulina production project in the Lake District;
- Bichif Al-Hai, for vegetable cultivation in the village of Marchout, Ouaddai Region;
- The Al-Tawoun Association for vegetable growing in Biltine, Wadi Fira Region;
- The COLFORDELOR Association for a project to develop fish farming in Doba, in the region of Logone Oriental and finally,
- The Women’s Group of Al-Hanouna for their project to develop a millet mill to benefit women of Am Timan, in the Salamat region.
In closing, I would like to encourage and support all community project leaders who contribute to improving the living conditions of their communities, and supporting vulnerable people. The United States of America will always be at your side to support your development efforts.
My sincerest wishes for your safe journey home to your communities and for your successful project implementation.
Thank you for your attention.