Event: The N’Djamena International Airport and Chad land borders are closed.
The Chadian government has announced a nationwide curfew between 1800-0500.
The prior order to U.S. Embassy staff to shelter in place has been lifted.
The consular section at the U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena will be closed until further notice for all but emergency cases. If you have an emergency, contact us at NDjamenaACS@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Take precautions to ensure your safety.
- Monitor local media for updates. Check regularly for updates from the Embassy and the U.S. Department of State (links below).
- If possible, check in with friends and family to let them know you are safe.
- U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Chagoua Round Point.
- Telephone +235 22-51-50-17.
- After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 66-62-21-00 or +235 22-51-50-17.
- State Department – Consular Affairs - 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Chad Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates and email us to register your cellphone number with Clickatell.
- Follow us on Facebook.
To unsubscribe from this list: https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Subscribe.aspx. Please note that the embassy cannot unsubscribe your address on your behalf.