Location: Outside N’Djamena and in the North of Chad
Event: The previously reported armed non-governmental groups in northern Chad have moved south and appear to be heading toward N’Djamena. Due to their growing proximity to N’Djamena, there is the possibility for violence in the city.
Actions to Take:
- Have a personal emergency action plan that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Take advantage of commercial transportation options, if you wish to depart Chad.
- The U.S. Government discourages travel to areas in northern Chad.
- Reconsider any travel within Chad outside the city of N’Djamena.
- Monitor local media for updates. Check regularly for updates from the Embassy and the U.S. Department of State (links below).
- U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Chagoua Round Point.
- Telephone +235 22-51-50-17.
- After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 66-62-21-00 or +235 22-51-50-17.
- State Department – Consular Affairs - 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Chad Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates and email us to register your cellphone number with Clickatell.
- Follow us on Facebook.