Event: Due to the reported death of the Chadian president and the potential for unrest, the U.S. Embassy has temporarily directed U.S. employees to shelter in place.
The consular section at the U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena will be closed until further notice for all but emergency cases. If you have an emergency, contact us at NDjamenaACS@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Take precautions to ensure your safety.
- The U.S. Government recommends that U.S. citizens who are in Chad and able to leave do so by commercial airline.
- Do not wait for the U.S. Government to evacuate you. The U.S. Government does not anticipate organizing any non-commercial evacuation flight from Chad.
- Monitor local media for updates. Check regularly for updates from the Embassy and the U.S. Department of State (links below).
- U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Chagoua Round Point.
- Telephone +235 22-51-50-17.
- After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 66-62-21-00 or +235 22-51-50-17.
- State Department – Consular Affairs - 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Chad Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates and email us to register your cellphone number with Clickatell.
- Follow us on Facebook.
To unsubscribe from this list: https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Subscribe.aspx. Please note that the embassy cannot unsubscribe your address on your behalf.