SECURITY ALERT FOR U.S. CITIZENS
Local media reports indicate that Wakit Tamma, a group opposed to the management of the transition, has called for a demonstration on Friday, August 19th, beginning at 06:00 hours until an underdetermined time. The demonstration is expected to take place between the Rond-point Sonasut and just east of the Rond-point Adoum Chéré. This demonstration is unauthorized, and police often intervene using tear gas to disperse the protestors.
The Embassy advises individuals to avoid the area surrounding the expected demonstration due to potential police activity and the disruption of traffic caused by the unauthorized demonstration.
On Friday, August 19th, the Embassy will continue to evaluate the security situation surrounding the demonstration and provide updates as appropriate.
- U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Chagoua Round Point.
- Telephone +235 22-51-50-17.
- After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 66-62-21-00 or +235 22-51-50-17.
- State Department – Consular Affairs - 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Chad Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and email us to register your cellphone number with us to receive SMS messages via Clickatell (in the event that the internet is not functioning).
- Follow us on Facebook .
To unsubscribe from this list: https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Subscribe.aspx .
Please note that the Embassy cannot unsubscribe your address on your behalf.