Location: Outside N’Djamena and in the North of Chad
Event: There are continuing reports of the presence of armed non-governmental groups in the North of Chad.
As a result, U.S. Government employees have been temporarily restricted from traveling outside the city of N’Djamena.
Actions to Take:
- The U.S. Government discourages travel to areas in northern Chad.
- Reconsider any travel within Chad outside the city of N’Djamena.
- Monitor local media for updates. Check regularly for updates from the Embassy and the U.S. Department of State (links below).
- U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Chagoua Round Point.
- Telephone +235 22-51-50-17.
- After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 66-62-21-00 or +235 22-51-50-17.
- State Department – Consular Affairs - 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Chad Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and email us to register your cellphone number with Clickatell.
- Follow us on Facebook.
To unsubscribe from this list: https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Subscribe.aspx. Please note that the embassy cannot unsubscribe your address on your behalf.