Location: Southern Regions Near the Central African Republic Border.
Event: The U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, Chad advises U.S. citizens to remain extremely vigilant and limit non-essential movement by road in the Southern regions of Chad near the Central African Republic border until further notice. The Embassy will continue to evaluate the security situation and provide updates as appropriate.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid all non-essential travel by road in the Southern regions near the Central African Republic border until further notice.
- Have a personal emergency action plan that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of a large gathering.
- Always carry proof or a copy of your legal presence in Chad, such as a U.S. passport with visa, or a residency card, and any required Chadian government travel permissions.
- Keep a low profile.
- See our Alerts at Travel.State.Gov (Chad)and enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and email us to register your cellphone number with Clickatell.
- U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Chagoua Round Point.
- Telephone +235 22-51-50-17.
- After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 66-62-21-00 or +235 22-51-50-17.
- State Department – Consular Affairs - 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Chad Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates and email us to register your cellphone number with Clickatell.
- Follow us on Facebook.