Security Alert: U.S. Embassy N'Djamena (September 10, 2021)
Event: U.S. citizens are urged to be cautious and vigilant when living and traveling abroad given the potential threat of terrorist attacks and extremist action against U.S. citizens and interests. As the 20th anniversary of September 11th approaches, the possibility for violence overseas may increase.
Locations where crowds gather such as hotels, restaurants, nightclubs, shopping malls, foreign diplomatic missions, religious institutions, government offices, airports, and public transportation or transportation hubs are especially vulnerable.
Actions to Take:
- Have a contingency plan for emergencies and review the Traveler’s Checklist.
- Maintain a low profile.
- Report any suspicious activities or security incidents to local police.
- Follow the instructions of local authorities especially in an emergency.
- Avoid crowded places.
- Monitor media and local event information sources and factor updated information into your travel plans and activities.
- U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Chagoua Round Point.
- Telephone +235 22-51-50-17.
- After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 66-62-21-00 or +235 22-51-50-17.
- State Department – Consular Affairs - 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Chad Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates and email us to register your cellphone number with to receive SMS messages via Clickatell (in the event that the internet is not functioning).
- Follow us on Facebook.
To unsubscribe from this list: https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Subscribe.aspx. Please note that the embassy cannot unsubscribe your address on your behalf