The Chadian government announced that the Hassan Djamous International Airport and Chad land borders are reopened effective today, April 21.
The nationwide curfew is now in effect from 2000-0500.
The consular section at the U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena will be closed until further notice for all but emergency cases. If you have an emergency, contact us at NDjamenaACS@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Take precautions to ensure your safety.
- If you decide to leave Chad, take advantage of commercial airlines when available. Call your airline and confirm the flight before proceeding to the airport.
- Monitor local media for updates. Check regularly for updates from the Embassy and the U.S. Department of State (links below).
- If possible, check in with friends and family to let them know you are safe.
- U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Chagoua Round Point.
- Telephone +235 22-51-50-17.
- After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 66-62-21-00 or +235 22-51-50-17.
- State Department – Consular Affairs – 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Chad Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and email us to register your cellphone number with Clickatell.
- Follow us on Facebook.
To unsubscribe from this list: https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Subscribe.aspx. Please note that the embassy cannot unsubscribe your address on your behalf.