August 19, 2022
The Inclusive and Sovereign National Dialogue (DNIS) will begin on Saturday August 20th at 10:00AM the Palace of Culture (formerly Palace of January 15, N’ Djari district, in the 8th arrondissement). Opposition groups have called for demonstrations and strikes to protest the DNIS. Unauthorized demonstrations are often disrupted by the police and there have been instances of violence when this occurs. The Embassy advises individuals to avoid areas where demonstrations are taking place. Vehicle traffic is likely to be disrupted due to “Tapis Rouges” when traffic is frozen to allow VIP motorcades to securely move throughout the city.
The Embassy advises individuals to avoid the area surrounding the expected demonstration due to potential police activity and the disruption of traffic caused by the unauthorized demonstration.
- U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Chagoua Round Point.
- Telephone +235 22-51-50-17.
- After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 66-62-21-00 or +235 22-51-50-17.
- State Department – Consular Affairs - 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Chad Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and email us to register your cellphone number with us to receive SMS messages via Clickatell (in the event that the internet is not functioning).
- Follow us on Facebook .
To unsubscribe from this list: https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Subscribe.aspx .
Please note that the Embassy cannot unsubscribe your address on your behalf.