Traffic Disruption Alert
Location: National Stadium, N’Djamena, Chad:
Event: The MPS (Mouvement Patriotique du Salut) is planning a large rally on March 13, 2021, beginning at 1300 hours, at the National Stadium in N’Djamena. Normal traffic flow will be disrupted before and after the rally.
During the time leading up to Chadian elections on April 11, 2021, other rallies and/or demonstrations can also be expected.
U.S. government personnel are advised to avoid areas of large crowds or where demonstrations or rallies are forming or taking place.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid areas where there are large gatherings of people.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Chagoua Round Point.
- Telephone +235 22-51-50-17.
- After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 66-62-21-00 or +235 22-51-50-17.
- State Department – Consular Affairs - 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and email us to register your cellphone number with Clickatell.
Follow us on Facebook.
To unsubscribe from this list: https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Subscribe.aspx. Please note that the embassy cannot unsubscribe your address on your behalf.