Social Security

The Consular Section provides general information regarding Federal Benefits and Social Security. For specific information, please refer to

If you reside in Chad and have questions regarding services provided by the Social Security Administration (SSA), you must contact the SSA Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) located in France.  For more information on their services and how to contact them, please visit their webpage at: :

For comprehensive information on SSA’s services abroad, please visit SSA’s webpage Service Around the World.

If you are already receiving SSA benefits payments, there will be no change in the method of distribution of those payments.