The U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena informs U.S. citizens that on September 13, 2017 the Department of State released an updated Worldwide Caution.
Click here to read the full Worldwide Caution which replaces the Worldwide Caution dated March 6, 2017.
For emergency services, U.S. Citizens should call our 24/7 phone line +235 63 51 78 00.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Chad.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Effective June 12, 2017 the U.S. Embassy in Chad is located at the Chagoua Round- Point and can be reached at + (235) 22 51 50 17 from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 63 51 78 00.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Note: The timestamp on this e-mail message may reflect Washington, D.C., time, which may differ from local time.