The U.S. Embassy was informed that there will be a flight on Sunday for U.S. citizens to depart Chad.
The Embassy has also been informed that there will be a very limited number of seats available, with limited luggage, and no pets. We have no information about any other future flights.
The guidance listed below will be used in determining how the seats will be filled.
The Embassy has no further information about the flight at this time. Updates will be provided as they become available.
The cost will be approximately $1,300 per person. Passengers will sign a promissory note which will have to be repaid to the U.S Government. Cash or credit card payments cannot be made before the flight departs.
U.S. citizens should contact the U.S. Embassy about departing Chad if they can make a firm commitment to depart. Please send your response to ChadEvac@state.gov. Emails sent to other accounts will not be answered.
If you do not have a valid U.S. passport, please contact us immediately.
There are now 5 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Chad.
Passengers will be listed in priority order per State Dept guidelines as follows:
- U.S. citizens at higher risk from the virus – adults 65 and older, and people of any age with underlying health issues.
- U.S. citizen minors and 1 escort
- Adult U.S. citizens in need of medical assistance who do not fall into a higher priority group.
- Other U.S. citizens
- Non-U.S. citizen dependents of U.S. citizens
- Eligible non-U.S. citizens, with priority given to those with underlying health issues or 65 years or older.
Please be aware that you will have to pay for this flight.
We cannot provide a timeline.
FOR ADVANCE PLANNING PURPOSES ONLY:
- You should be prepared to leave with little advance notice
- Pack a “go” bag now with essential documents and other items
- Keep in mind that you may be limited in how much luggage you can bring
- There is no guarantee that pets will be accommodated. Please make alternate arrangements for the care of your pet.
- Updates will be provided as they become available. Individual emails may experience a delay in responses due to high volume and decreased staffing at the Embassy.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- To reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the latest CDC recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Chad.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website for travel restrictions to the U.S.
U.S. Embassy N’Djamena, Chad
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.