Vacancy Announcement– September 17, 2018
U.S. Mission Chad
Announcement Number: N’Djamena-2018-020-R
Position Title: Community Liaison Officer
Opening Date: September 17, 2018
Closing Date: Until Filled (First review of applications two weeks from opening date)
Salary: (USD) 48,135 to be confirmed by Office of Overseas Employment
For More Info: Human Resources Office: Rimtebaye Mayakoub
Mailing Address: American Embassy BP 413 Rond Point de Chagoua,
Who May Apply: For USEFM – FP-6 is $ 48,135. Actual FP-6 salary is determined by HR Overseas Employment
- EFM EMPLOYEES ONLY
Security Clearance Required: Top Secret Clearance
One year subject to successful completion of probationary period
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees located at the end of this announcement.
Summary: The U.S. Mission in N’Djamena, Chad is seeking one eligible and qualified EFM applicant for the position of Community Liaison Officer (CLO) Coordinator.
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within two weeks of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications, or within two weeks of arrival at post, or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Duties: The incumbent will perform a full range of Community Liaison services for the American Embassy in Chad.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EDUCATION: Two years of college level education in Business, Social Science, Science, Arts, Humanities, or related field is required.
EXPERIENCE: Previous experience in administration or similar professional experience is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have a good working knowledge of Department of State, and associated agency CLO regulations.
LANGUAGE: Level V (Fluent – Reading, writing, speaking, understanding) English is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The incumbent must have good computer skills in Microsoft Word, Publisher, and be able to organize large events.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For additional employment information please visit the following link: https://td.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/.
How to Apply:
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application to NdjamenaJobs@state.gov
- Copy of passport bio page or of government-issued ID card
- Unofficial college transcripts
- Language Scores (if available)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation indicating veterans status (if applicable)
- List of professional references
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email or telephone.