U.S. Mission Chad
Announcement Number: N’Djamena-2019-03-R
Position Title: Gardener
Opening Period: January 30, 2019
Closing Date: February 12, 2019
Salary: (USD) 21,121-(FCFA) 3,009,438
For More Info: Human Resources Office: Rimtebaye Mayakoub
Mailing Address: American Embassy BP 413 Rond Point de Chagoua,
Who May Apply: For USEFM – FP-AA is $21,121. Actual FP-AA salary is determined by HR Overseas Employment
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Non-Sensitive; Local Security Certification or Public Trust
Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees located at the end of this announcement.
Summary: The U.S. Mission in N’Djamena, Chad is seeking two eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Gardener in the Facility Maintenance Section.
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (2 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Duties: Incumbent plants and maintains gardens and laws. He also cleans and maintains swimming pools.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EDUCATION: Primary School is required.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of two years of Gardening experience is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: A good working knowledge of how to plant and care for plants and flowers typical to Chad is required.
LANGUAGE Level I English and level II French are required (languages will be tested).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be able to use all gardening tools including power lawnmowers.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Benefits: Locally-Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in N’Djamena, Chad may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Non-Sensitive; Local Security Certification or Public Trust clearance.
To apply for this position:
To apply please follow the directions on the following website: https://erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/vacancy/viewVacancyDetail.hms?jnum=4170&orgId=75
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in N’Djamena, Chad.