Weather Alert –U.S. Embassy N’Djamena, Chad (October 12, 2022)
Location: N’Djamena; flooding
Event: According to the Office of the National Meteorological Agency the second quarter of October 2022 will be marked by an increase in the Chari and Logone rivers at all stations.
While not unprecedented, this year’s “flooding season” is predicted to be unusually high and is anticipated to continue to increase over the next two to three weeks.
Actions to take:
- Avoid travel to areas affected by flooding.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Review your personal security and preparedness plans.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Seek secure shelter.
- U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, located at Chagoua Round Point.
- Telephone +235 22-51-50-17.
- After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 66-62-21-00 or +235 22-51-50-17.
- State Department – Consular Affairs - 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Chad Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and email us to register your cellphone number with us to receive SMS messages via Clickatell (in the event that the internet is not functioning).
- Follow us on Facebook .
To unsubscribe from this list: https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Subscribe.aspx . Please note that the Embassy cannot unsubscribe your address on your behalf.